The Lochside distillery on Scotland's east coast was originally built in 1786 as a brewery. It was converted to a distillery in 1957 as part of a change of ownership and produced single grain whisky followed by the introduction of pot stills in 1961, thus allowing Lochside to produce malt, grain and "single blends" using both malt and grain whisky distilled in the same distillery. Grain production ceased in 1973 and malt whisky in 1992.
The distillery building was a remarkable white tower which dominated the local skyline, which was sadly demolished in 2004.
Occasional bottles of Lochside single malt and single grain can occasionally still be found -the very definition of Hard To Find Whisky!