Glen Mhor (silent)
The history of Glen Mhor is closely linked to neighbouring distillery Glen Albyn. It was founded in Inverness in 1892 by Mackinlay & Birnie and the first Whisky was produced in December 1894. Glen Mhor operated for less than a century with the distillery closing in 1983; it was then demolished in 1988.
Glen Mhor was one of a few Single Malts which were bottled in late 19th and early 20th century – which goes against the notion that Single Malts only appeared in the 1960s. Later along the years however Glen Mhor was seldom released, with the exception of rare bottlings by Gordon & MacPhail and the Scotch Malt Whisky Society.