Built in 1893, anCnoc is situated on the eastern flank of Speyside, near to Keith. The distillery ran until 1983; like many other distilleries at the time, it was closed as a result of the "Whisky Loch". Inver House bought and reopened the distillery in 1988.
Historically, this distillery's products went by the name "Knockdhu" however they were renamed to anCnoc to avoid confusion with the similarly named distillery Knockando. anCnoc have a fine range of aged malts, including peated versions from the owners as well as the occasional independent bottling.